Monday, June 20, 2016

A Bit of Bordeaux in Photos

Our first stop in France is the Right Bank of Bordeaux. I can't really promise you posts about any other stops, because you probably don't want to see countless photos of empty wine bottles, and that's honestly the only thing on my mind here. (Wine, not empty bottles.)


 The line of vintages from Château de Siaurac

We have Bordeaux City, Lyon, Avignon and my old pal Marseille ahead of us on the itinerary, but today, we are enjoying Saint-Émilion and its surroundings. There is a château everywhere you look - and it's glorious.



Saint-Émilion

 Pomerol

Lalande de Pomerol (Château de Siaurac)

As a wannabe wine connoisseur and, truly, a wine novice I find it supremely helpful knowing that 2009 was an exceptional vintage in Bordeaux. I was cautious assuming one can't really go wrong ordering it, but it's true. Everything we tasted from 2009 was exceptional. The wines from 2010 and 2008, from Pomerol and Lalande de Pomerol, were all interesting and really worthy of our attention.

Château Matras Saint-Émilion Grand Cru 2009

The next pin on our map is the city of Bordeaux. We won't have time to explore any wineries on the Left Bank, but that just means that Margaux might have to wait to have me as a guest for another year or two ;)

P.S. French people are starting to understand my French. Now that's what I call progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment